Sunday, July 8, 2012

Days 11-12: Whew!

Whew! What a weekend! It's been crazy but I've really enjoyed our family time together. I didn't take pics of every meal over the weekend, but let's just say we did a great job of sticking to our new plan!

I do want to share Saturday's lunch for the kids. I made a PB&J rollup (using a whole-wheat tortilla) and a bunch of fruits and veggies to make silly faces! The kids really enjoyed the faces and ate up their lunch in no time. Of course they both asked for more (since you can see I didn't use that much food for the faces), so they both had some additional fruits, veggies and applesauce (one of the last store-bought applesauce cups! Woot!).


I wasn't pleased at ALL with the dinner I made Saturday night. I pan-seared some ribeye steaks I purchased from a local vendor at the farmer's market last Saturday, and they were meh. I tried to throw together a corn-bean-tomato salad and it was not very flavorful. I tried to bake some of my tortillas into chips but they weren't as awesome as I had hoped. And I added a broccoli-cauliflower mix on the side, but nothing was really awesome about this meal. Boo. :(





For dessert (since it was Saturday night... the only meal we follow with dessert each week!), I allowed us to splurge with S'mores. Hubs was kind enough to fire 'em up using the stove, so it was a quick, easy and fun reward for the family. 


Chase really loved his s'more (s'mores?).


As did LO (pardon the crazy-wild hair!).


We did very well on Sunday, too. I had my beloved Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal for breakfast, then the family dined out for lunch. I had a baked potato with chili, cheese and diced tomatoes, hubs had a club sandwich on a whole-wheat tortilla, LO had a PB&J with applesauce and milk, and Chase had macaroni & cheese with applesauce and milk. It was nice to have a break from preparing a meal for the family!

Tonight was a crazy-busy night of food prep... more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment